[Catalog] Allow capability of searching for a listing using Canvas course ID in Admin page

Problem statement:

In the Listings page of the Admin dashboard in Catalog, it is hard to find a a specific course using the title. Searching for a listing using the Canvas ID of a course does not work in the Listings search box. Our workaround is to go to the Analytics pages to search for it and then drill down to the course, or scroll to the very end of the Listings page and use the browser's search to search for a course listing using the Canvas course ID.

Proposed solution:

Allow the current search functionality to also search for course listings via their Canvas Course ID. This is doable in Analytics, but not on the Listings page. This will help admins search for specific courses better on the Listings page.

User role(s):

admin

5 Comments
KataKeri
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Added to Theme

Thanks for the submission. Added to theme.

rpsloan
Community Participant
Author

@Kata Can this be updated to also apply to Listings (New)? We still can't find a listing using the Canvas Course ID (from the URL), but I can search for it when I go to Analytics > Listings.

KataKeri
Instructure
Instructure

@rpsloan yes of course. 

KataKeri
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Completed

@rpsloan it's out in production!

rpsloan
Community Participant
Author

@KataKeri I just tested it and was able to find listings using the Canvas course ID. Thank you for the notification!