[API] Provide API to get currently enabled account calendars for a user

Problem statement:

Currently there is an API to allow integrations and tool to set the account calendar to display to a user, however when using this API you have to supply the complete set of account calendars to set for a user. This means that if you want to add an account calendar for the user it's not possible to do as you don't know what account calendars the user has already enabled, if you just supply the account calendar you are enabling you will disable any existing account calendars the user has enabled.

Proposed solution:

Providing an API to get the enabled account calendars allows a tool to retrieve the existing enabled account calendars for a user, see if they have already enabled an account calendar, if they haven't add the new account calendar to the set and then use the existing update endpoint to update the set of account calendars for the user. This solution allows integrations and tools to check if the account calendar in question is already enabled as well as being able to add new account calendars on behalf of users.

User role(s):

admin

Added to Theme

1 Comment
jpoulos
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Added to Theme

Improve calendar scheduling and syncing options

Thanks for your submission! Based on what's being asked here, I've identified a theme that I think this would fit well with. It's called Improve calendar scheduling and syncing options. I've associated this idea to the theme.