Gradebook via api

AFYAADMIN
Community Member

Hello, 

Currently I look for my students' grades by searching for data from the gradebook. Considering that the log contains many records, I paginate the results.
Here's an example:
GET => /api/v1/courses/71761/gradebook_history/feed?page=1&per_page=10&workflow_state=graded

At the end, I close the loop and start searching for grades for the next course.

My problem.
When I need to look for grade updates for this course, example: 71761, I start the search starting from page 1 to the last page to look for only the updated grades.

Is there any way in which I can establish an ordering of the results and perform the search starting from the last page with records?

Example:
10-10-2023 - I start searching for grades in course 71761, which has pages up to page 15.
10-11- 2023 - I start the search for grades from page 15 and collect updates until the last page 17.
10-12-2023 - I start the search on page 17 and end up not returning any records.
10-13-2023 - I start the search on page 17 and collect updates up to page 20.

This would bring huge savings in my integration where I would not need to search for the entire mass of course grade data with each request scheduling.

I imagine there was something about this that I couldn't absorb, and I appreciate the advance help on this challenge.

Labels (2)
0 Likes