Sub-account-level Access now Available for Impact!

The content in this blog is over six months old, and the comments are closed. For the most recent product updates and discussions, you're encouraged to explore newer posts from Instructure's Product Managers.

ViktoriaLa
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Impact.png

Impact currently allows administrators to grant others access to specific management and content creation features based on predefined and custom permission sets.  These permissions make it possible to determine precisely which areas of the product an administrator can access and which actions they can perform. 

We wanted to take access management to another level with sub-account permissions. Our Impact sub-accounts access will allow Canvas administrators to grant granular access on the sub-account levels to allow lower-level administrators to manage Impact content and insights for their department/school/faculty. 

What are Sub-accounts used for?

Sub-accounts are often used to manage permissions and organizational hierarchy within an institution. Many institutions set up sub-account organization structures that mirror their SIS or registration systems. For example, sub-accounts can be created for individual colleges within a university, or for schools within a district. For more examples of sub-account structures please read our Impact Guide.

Please note that this feature is only available for Canvas customers.

How do I enable sub-accounts in my Impact dashboard?

Please follow the instructions in our blog post to enable your sub-account level access through the General Settings page. 

For some instances, there may be additional configuration required in order to enable this feature. If that is the case, you will see a tool-tip advising you to contact support to ensure that we have everything set up correctly. 

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 10.20.16.png

Please submit a support ticket through the Impact Help Desk or email support-impact@instructure.com, and we will enable this feature for you with your sub-account structure.

How will sub-accounts be shown in the Impact Dashboard and Inline Editor?

Once enabled, you will be able to see and manage your sub-account structure from the top right side of your Impact dashboard. Read our guide to learn how to switch between sub-accounts.

ViktoriaLa_0-1688567294169.png

What Impact features can I assign sub-account access for?

You can manage sub-account access for all key features of Impact: Messages, Campaigns, Walkthroughs, Support and Insights. To learn exactly how each feature can be managed, please read our guides:

How do I create and edit sub-account permissions? 

You can manage your sub-account permissions in the Users and Permissions area of the Impact dashboard. Read through our guide to learn more.

For more information about how Impact’s sub-account access works, please visit our guides on the Community. 

The content in this blog is over six months old, and the comments are closed. For the most recent product updates and discussions, you're encouraged to explore newer posts from Instructure's Product Managers.