Dive into the Discussion Redesign with Our New Video!

SamGarza1
Instructure
Instructure

Canvas.png

We've got some fantastic news to share – we've just finished a brand new video resource that provides an overview of the Discussion Redesign in Canvas! 

In this short but informative video, we'll walk you through all the exciting changes and highlight the new features that come with the Discussion Redesign. Whether you're a teacher, student, or admin, this overview will help you navigate and make the most of the redesigned experience.

We hope this video provides a better understanding of what the Discussion Redesign is and what changes to expect with the enforcement on July 20, 2024. More information on the Discussion Redesign can be found in the feature user group. Users can also check out our two-page overview which can be accessed here

Happy watching!

Tags (1)
10 Comments
dkpst5
Community Participant

Since the videos moved from Vimeo to wherever they are now: How can we embed them into our individual Canvas pages? The video above doesn't have any of the requisite info. It's making it tough to get info like this out to the people we train.

DaGIFT222
Community Participant

@dkpst5 great question. 

KevinMeredith
Instructure
Instructure

Hi all, for a shareable resource, try this and let me know if it works for you: 

Discussion Redesign Video Link

Embed Code below. 

Thanks! 

Kevin

<iframe width="560px" height="320px" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay *" title="Discussions Redesign Q1 2024" src="https://productmarketing.instructuremedia.com/embed/849316b3-c04b-4c43-8026-7b65dc99b644" frameborder="0"></iframe>

jlee16
Community Participant

(removed)

sbj
Community Participant

Please caption your videos!!!

juliejohnson
Community Explorer

@KevinMeredith Will the video be captioned?

KevinMeredith
Instructure
Instructure

Hi all, captioned video to come later today or tomorrow at the latest. My apologies! 

SamGarza1
Instructure
Instructure
Author

Hi all, the video has been updated to include captions. Thanks for your patience with this!

Sylvia_Ami
Community Contributor

Thanks so much for the embed code and adding captions. Since I like to always model what I expect from faculty in their courses, I can't include a video in my resource hub unless it's accessible.

DaGIFT222
Community Participant

Thanks @SamGarza1