Embedding Web 2.0 tools - a few years on....!

GideonWilliams
Community Coach
Community Coach

An update to the post I made a few years ago (almost 5 - yikes!)

In the increasingly commercial world of EdTech, few tools survive that are genuinely free to use, which makes many on this list, all the more valuable. As regards quizzing tools, I wonder if we are beginning to see a change in what you pay for. One of the new items on the list make very effective use of AI to source questions and to provide instant feedback. This changes the role of the instructor to developing the context and adding nuance.

The list still focuses on being able to embed the tool in a Canvas page:

If you liked H5P I would strongly recommend CurrikiStudioCurrikiStudio - It has ALL the H5P tools free plus you can design projects that contain multiple quizzes. Individual quizzes and projects can be embedded. There is also a paid for feature to integrate CurrikiStudio. I've not yet found out how much this costs, but if it is anything like the H5P integration then it will be amazing!

Canva Home - Canva is an astonishing online tool plus the premium version is FREE to all schools. It has an excellent integration feature Canvas LMS Teacher Guide - Presentation (also free!).

Gibbly https://www.gibbly.co/ may quite possibly be the first free AI generated question quiz. You can choose different levels of ability and the solo version is great as it gives you feedback. Whilst not a Web2 tool, it appears you can embed it very nicely on to a Canvas page using iFrame Generator - Free Online iFrame Code Maker Tool (iframe-generator.com)

3 to begin with, hopefully more to follow as I review all my twitter likes!