10 Things To Do While in Las Vegas for INSTCon24

valentinesking
Community Coach
Community Coach

INSTCON24.png

One of the things I am known for by my friends and family is finding cool things to do or places to eat when visiting a new place. Vegas is not new to me at this point, but it might be for you. Let's create a list of the must-see/must-dos in Las Vegas, other than #INSTCon24 as we "Explore the Ed-cosystem," of course!

Welcome to Las Vegas Sign

Epic picture opportunity here at the Welcome to Las Vegas sign! What's more Vegas than this? Outside near Mandalay Bay.

Hotel-Specific Attractions

I might be cheating a bit by calling this one event so we'll consider this as three! People watching while exploring "The Strip" and/or old Vegas via Fremont Street is always a good time. Here are a few hotel-specific attractions to check out.

Flaming Skull at Chica Las VegasFlaming Skull at Chica Las VegasThe Food

Vegas is known for good over the top food and massive buffets with the Bacchanal in Caesar's Palace topping the list. Come hungry, but also come early as there can be a wait to get into eat! Steaks at the Golden Steer are well-known as well- their slogan might be "go big or go home". Take in a show with dinner by visiting Excalibur's "Tournament of Kings" - there be jousting!

There are some restaurants that have a great view of the Bellagio Fountains like Lago and the Eiffel Tower Restaurant, so if that is a goal- give those a search. To fulfill your sweet tooth dreams there are lots of options with many with theatrical presentations like "The Flaming Skull" at Chica [at Venetian].

Other Shows & Exhibitions

Just going to go right into listing them.

The Sphere

The Sphere is one of Vegas's newest engaging multi-sensory experiences. The Venetian (host hotel) has some great views of it, but to actually go inside you'd visit the official Sphere site or visit Ticketmaster. I've never been there yet or seen it in person, so we can all share in this new experience together! Advance ticket purchase is recommended.

Neon Museum

Noted as the largest augmented reality experience of its kind, the Neon Museum has a variety of tours day and night! Advance ticket purchase is recommended.

Panda Party at Meow WolfPanda Party at Meow WolfOmega Mart

Last year in Denver, several fellow Pandas banded together to visit Meow Wolf's "Convergence Station," an interactive and immersive art experience. From the same creators, in Vegas we have "Omega Mart" at AREA15. It's a bit on the pricy side for a visit (starting at $49) but definitely a stimulating, fun experience. They are open 7 days a week.

All the Canyons or Hoover Dam Tour

These activities take a larger chunk of time to get to and enjoy. Most folks understand the allure of the Grand Canyon especially the Skywalk experience. Another canyon to check out is Red Rock Canyon or experience hiking in the Valley of Fire with its petroglyphs. Before I went on the tour of the Hoover Dam, I didn't think I'd enjoy it much- but it is a dam good tour (really punny & great with kids).

Many of these require pre-planning to identify a time to fit into your travel itinerary. Ready to start making your plans? Let's talk about other places others might enjoy together; a great way to get to know your new Panda friends!

Your most lovable panda,

Val King

Learn more about InstructureCon 2024!

Labels (2)