New quizzes for Free For Teachers account

Jump to solution
hatemrashad
Community Member

New quizzes was turned on in  my Free For Teachers account and after I create my questions bank and used it in building new quiz. after 3 days the new quizzes was turned off and all my questions banks disappeared> and become not active in feature option. i don't know the reasons for that and how can i retrieve my question banks?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
KevinMeredith
Instructure
Instructure

Hi, @hatemrashad

Unfortunately, we have disabled the ability to use New Quizzes as a quizzing engine in Canvas Free-for-Teacher. I apologize sincerely for any inconvenience, but for a few reasons, New Quizzes isn't an option any longer in FFT. Thank you for understanding. 

Kevin

View solution in original post

Kelvin_Dean
Community Contributor

Sorry to hear your frustration. Here's a workaround on how to use New Quizzes in FFT.

1. From the Course Navigation screen, do not select the Quizzes tab. Instead, select the Assignments tab > Add Assignment.
  2. Give your quiz a name as usual.
  3. Under Submission Type, select External Tool.
  4. Under Enter or Find an External Tool URL, select Find > Quizzes 2. For added security, check the Load in a New Tab box.
  5. Select from the additional options below:
    1. Anonymous Grading
    2. Anonymous Instructor Annotations
    3. Due Dates
  6. Click Save, and you'll be taken to the Build page of New Quizzes.

If you do not want this quiz to be displayed in the gradebook or the student's Grades page, finish creating the quiz from the Assignments tab and do the following:

1. Return to the Quizzes or Assignments page and select the quiz you want to make changes for. Quizzes are denoted by a rocket ship.
  2. Click the three dots on the right > Edit.
  3. Select the Do Not Display in Gradebook or the Student's Grade Page checkbox.
  4. Click Save or Build to apply your changes.

To test your setup, you will first need to publish the quiz. After publishing, select Student View in the top right. You cannot use Student View when you are currently editing content. Be sure to review any quiz content, questions, and answers before publishing (especially for formula questions), as there is a chance that some answers could have bugs (such as calculation errors in formulas).

Good Luck!

View solution in original post