Developer Key Permissions for LTI with Free Account

Jump to solution
JohnLawrence
Community Member

Howdy,

I setup a free Canvas account for the purpose of testing my organizations new LTI 1.3 Advantage Tool Provider currently in development. According to this article https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Admin-Guide/How-do-I-configure-an-LTI-key-for-an-account/ta-p/140 I require the Developer Key Permission to a new tool deployment in a canvas environment.

Is this something I can request or is it not even offered at this free account tier? What are the barriers to gaining this admin permission?

Thanks

John

0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @JohnLawrence,

Unfortunately, that's not something that will be available in the "free for teacher" Canvas instance, as developer key configuration is only available to admin users.  You may want to investigate Instructure's Partners Program, which would give you to access to resources and a Canvas environment of your own to do testing.  I know the program has a cost associated with it, but I don't know the exact details.  If you're interested there is a button that page to express interest, which should get someone at Instructure to reach out to you.

Hope this helps!

-Chris

View solution in original post