Quiz Review CSV

Jump to solution
KJERSTENTHAYNE
Community Novice

I spent most of the day creating and banking vocabulary quiz questions using "new quizzes". I would like to be able to use these same questions on an external review site (in this case, Blooket), but there are almost 100 questions and I would rather not retype them. The external site gives an option to upload questions and answers via a .csv file, but I cannot figure out how to get a .csv file from my quiz. 

Looking at other forum posts, it seems like this was a feature that did not exist with new quizzes data reporting, but that Canvas might have been working on? Is this something that is possible to do? If so, please give me directions on how to do it.

0 Likes
1 Solution
paul_fynn
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @KJERSTENTHAYNE 

I think the red herring in your search is .csv - New Quizzes exports to QTi (an interoperability standard initiated by Instructure in the absence of a sector standard for Quizzes). If I understand right QTis are in XML format.

The good news is that XML can be imported into other Quiz engines - I found these online instructions which specifically refer to Blooket https://digitaliser.getmarked.ai/blog/how-to-export-canvas-quiz/  .

I have also seen blogs (to distant to locate) where instructors were bouncing quizzes between Moodle and Respondus and then into Canvas for bulk create. I believe you may be able to get a one month free license for Respondus.

Good Luck !

View solution in original post

0 Likes