To do list widget

Jump to solution
AmayaRehman
Community Member

Hello Everyone, I have an Android phone, and last semester I frequently used the to-do list widgets. This semester I had the idea to do the same. I favorited my new courses because I had that issue in the past. However, I keep frequently getting the error "nothing to display". Since then I reinstalled the app, logged out and logged in, cleared my cache,  updated the app, and restarted my phone, yet nothing worked to solve this. I was wondering if this was a canvas mobile setting issue. As a side note, I run a canvas employee account, which was recently upgraded from student. I was wondering if anyone encountered the same issue and how to solve it. Thank you so much!

0 Likes
1 Solution
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @AmayaRehman 

I understand you are having trouble with the Canvas Widget for the Student app on Android. 

I am not totally sure why it is saying "Nothing To Display." I wanted to comment on this and offer some troubleshooting you could try on this. 

• Do you know if you have multiple API tokens for the android app in your account? If so, you could try and delete some of the tokens for the android app, and see if this refreshes the Widget when you try and login again. After deleting some of the duplicated tokens, (If there are any) I would suggest resetting the cache on the app once again. You would need to delete those tokens on a computer as this is not something you can't do from the mobile app. HERE is a guide on how to manage API tokens. 
  • Does removing the widget and re-adding it make any difference at all? 
  • Do you know if you have updated the android app to the latest available version? 

If none of that fixes the issue, I would suggest submitting a ticket to Canvas support to see if they have identified any known issues with the widget on android. They might need to know what version of the app you are running on your device and a screenshot of what you are seeing there. 

Hopefully this helps! Let us know what you find out on this! 

-Colton 

View solution in original post

0 Likes