Canvas deleted my annotations

Jump to solution
EthanTuccillo
Community Member

I was annotating and reading an article for homework for three hours on the mobile Canvas app. When I woke up to finish the last few pages, all of my annotations were gone except the very first one I made. I am so upset and frustrated and dont have time to redo them since my class is in a few hours. When I look up my issue, I find ZERO information online about it. Thanks canvas.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @EthanTuccillo 

Was this a peer review? If you were leaving annotations it likely was. You had the app open or a browser on a computer and then went to bed and they were all gone when you came back? That is frustrating but it's not completely unexpected. It sounds like your progress and connection timed out. If you are working on Canvas and writing a discussion, leaving feedback or comments, writing annotations, etc. it is best to complete all of that or save a version of it. Anything you submit on Canvas relies on your device, browser or app, and network to all be working harmoniously for things to be uploaded correctly. If you left your work open all night and came back to it, it likely timed out unfortunately. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes