[Inbox] Allow Comments made by students sent to Inbox

Problem statement:

Currently I receive Notifications that a student has made a Comment on an assignment, which is sent to my institutional/linked email address. I click "Click to View" and it does directly take me to the Comment *if I am logged into Canvas. It would be more efficient to have the option to have all notifications for Comments AND messages come through the Canvas Inbox instead of an outside email.

Proposed solution:

While having a clickable link "Click to View" in the institutional/linked email acct does take me directly to the Comment, I would like to have the option of any Comments made go directly to the Canvas Inbox so they are all housed within Canvas and viewable there. I log on to Canvas multiple times daily and therefore do not necessarily need notifications going to my institutional/linked email but do still want some sort of notification of Comments students make on Assignments (as this is nearly the same as a student sending a message through the Inbox asking about an assignment instead of making a Comment)

User role(s):

instructor

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Seeking Clarity

Hi @julia_wylie  - 

In the Canvas Inbox, there is a way to filter messages to a Submission Comments list. Would this allow you to organize those updates in a way that simplifies your workflow?

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi! We hope you are doing well! If you are unable to provide an update regarding this idea by May 3, we will need to archive it to help the Community Team focus on current Ideas. If you need more time, that's okay too! Providing an update before that time would be helpful and appreciated. 

julia_wylie
Community Explorer
Author

sort of. I didn't know about the Submissions Comments feature; while that is helpful there isn't a notification there is a Submission Comment the same way there is a notification bubble like a Message in the Inbox. I would prefer them all to show up in the Inbox, and a notification, perhaps just with a designation that it is a Submission Comment?

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New