Recent developments related to the integration of AI at the course level?

Jump to solution
jasmiene_doming
Community Participant

I'm interested in learning about schools that have experience integrating AI at the course level within Canvas. I've come across mentions of Khanmigo, but I haven't explored it yet. Additionally, I learned about Noodle Factory's AI Tutor last year, but it couldn't be integrated with Canvas at that time. (Though I like how it can generate tests based on course content). I'm curious if there are other noteworthy developments in this area, and if you could share any experiences or insights you may have.

Thank you.

3 Solutions
GideonWilliams
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hey Jasmiene

I too am interested. Having played about with Microsoft's chat bot quite a while ago (there is a post somewhere in the Community) and keen to develop AI beyond the generative stuff (although that is still pretty good)

I work in K12 so am more keen on ideas of a digital helper/tutor within Canvas or at least using the data set of the course. Was at BETT UK recently (a very large EdTech conference/tradeshow). 2-3 stands with AI tutors including one that linked to Canvas although is was only SSO. Both allowed you to upload files but in effect were mini VLEs. Having a chatbot that could reference uploaded resources and pages whilst providing guided external content would be great.

Ive signed up (probably too late) for Course Factory's trial which seems interesting - Solved: Pilot with CourseFactory to Integrate AI-Powered O... - Instructure Community - 587347 (canv...

Would be great to share stuff as we go on and happy to have a chat about any ideas or plans..

I notice Melissa Loble's post on AI and gamification - AI & Gamification: Unpacking the Student Perspective | Instructure We are developing our student credential system and further gamification would be much welcomed.

Gideon

View solution in original post

BrianBoyd
Partner
Partner

Hi Jasmiene,

Our company Praxis AI is fully integrated with Canvas and you can have your own instance. You can upload your own materials (syllabus, documents, videos) as well as get access to 28 trusted sources (Google Scholar, WolframAlpha, etc). You can personalize the Mentor's name, icon, personality, etc. Since we only use ChatGPT to select the best trusted source and for the Natural Language capabilities, your data and usage isn't open to ChatGPT and isn't used to train or inform the LLM. It's pretty cool.

Let me know if you'd be interested in hearing more or go to www.praxis-ai.com.

No hard sell. We've done free pilots in the past and if it looks like our AI Mentor Pria could be the answer for you, I'd be happy to set you up. In fact, I'll offer that up to anyone here in the Canvas Community who's looking for a solution.

Thanks!
Brian Boyd

brian@praxis-ai.com

tof
Community Explorer

Hi Brian. 

Is your solution ready for Europe, GDPR-compliant?