Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Will Canvas accept answers with symbols and grade it correctly?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to incorporate Zoom in Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! Is there any way to embed a Facebook feed into Canvas pages? I see that Twitter works as an LTI but not Facebook. However, it can't see how to even add it as an external URL as Facebook refuses to connect. Hoping someone might have the answer!...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiIm trying to log in to observe my daughters course work.  I can't see anything?  Every time I press any of the buttons to look at her Grades or her course work I get a blank screen.  The only screens that show anything is my profile screen and what...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

First time user here.  I can login to my dashboard, but not the course I'm supposed to be taking. Why?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I watch a Panopto recording embedded within a Canvas page, the presenter window overlaps the slides window thus obscuring an area of the slides.So, can I:1. decrease the size of the presenter window (or squash/ change format to 4:3 - maybe a webca...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We built an application that is hosted on our private server. As of this point, we were able to embed the app using LTI and iframes. The next phase of our application is to dynamically changed the app content based on who's logged in and what course ...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Why can't I view, or even find, my published assignment in quiz category in module view?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a teacher. How do I hide courses in my Dashboard that I am not teaching in?

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to export content from one Canvas account to another

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I was to pre plan-Is there a way to create an assignment that is released on a date in the future and is published?Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do attach correct answers to a quiz?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have started to use speed grader but the file is not showing. It has indicated that the file was successfully submitted and uploaded. It's taking too long and ultimately it does not show. I also tried various file types and changed settings and sti...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a quiz but when I log on as a student view I cannot see it. What's the problem?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I taught in this district (hence the old course), left for a while, and have come back to a different position.  Would like to delete the old course that I will no longer be teaching.  How do I delete it?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how to add TA to course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After testing, students are suppose to fill out the survey.  How can I access the student surveys?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to find the path to a given file.  I can search for the file and find it. But, I display, I see file name, Date Create, Date Modified, Modified By, Size, Copyright, and a Publish/not Published icon. do not see any option to view the path ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What are the recommended dimensions for a banner image on a page?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you add google docs to your assignments?

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I linked Modules in my home page. How do I Iink it so I can make sure the students can click on the homepage to the modules?  When I go to student view to see if the link worked it says:Access DeniedYou don't have access to view this resource.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been trying to use speedgrader to grade a pdf.  It shows the student submission on the right side under submitted files(I am using Test Student)  However, I have been waiting for the submission to show up in the left side window. It keeps givi...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have already entered a number of assignments under  "Assignments," but now I realise I should haveentered under "modules," is there a way to move that content? Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I particularly enjoyed a course, is there a way to archive and keep access to that course as a student? I know it typically "disappears" after a year; I really don't want to lose the one I had last Fall (2020) as it was super helpful and well orga...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are currently in the beginning stages of migrating to Canvas.  Is it possible to have all courses open a certain number of days before the start date?  In Blackboard, we have it set to one week.  I didn't see that option in the admin settings.

• 2 Likes
  • 15 Replies

When I check on the status of my SIS Import I get an error in the Status JSON file that returns.In the JSON section "error_attachment" I see values for uuid, display_name, URL, and filename. Two questions; is there any data that can help understand t...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I put a new assignment in gradebook

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I force a grade to be submitted in New Quizzes when it erroneously determines that the quiz cannot be graded?I have a quiz that only has autogradable questions (multiple choice, and fill in the blank).  When some students submit the assignment...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to create a sandbox course.  This option is not coming up under my resources tab as my courses instruction told me it would.  I have reached out to the course instructor as well.   I thought I had previously had created one but it is not ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies