Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

We will be starting the year 100% distance learning and using canvas for the first time.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a discussion post for several different times with 8 students in each group.  I published it but it is showing up as a pale green not red. and it is not showing up for the students.  It states that it is an unpublished module on their side.How...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Your "automated" system that says it will send a link to reset a forgotten password doesn't work!  I have tried 10 times and my wife has tried 20 times (different school - same problem) but we never receive anything from Instructure to move forward. ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am completing the training assigned by my school district and I'm currently on 4.5-- Using Speed Grader. Step 2 of the assignment says, "Publish your assignment in your course, and make sure the Module it's in is also published." My problem is the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to 'delete all' the to do list as a group and not individually?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Could someone please give me the phone number for the toll-free, live person Zoom helpline?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am an Instructor at Texas State University. My course is completely online.  I need to have students submit an assignment in Canvas in a folder. The folder contains two HTML pages and one or more images (JPEGS).I just tried submitting the assignmen...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do i create a button that links to another document

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do I move a class from last year to this years dashboard?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am using Canvas with my faculty to avoid having a long meeting at the start of the year.  The assignments do not require submissions, and I have them mark each assignment complete as they finish.  How do I view that they are marked complete?  Do I ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I make a hyperlink in a Canvas module?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I teach general music (6-8) and high school chorus and want to know how to best utilize Canvas.  My district is switching to Canvas now and the instructors are in the midst of learning to set up their courses.  I am at creating home page stage now an...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I remove a broken link (that is unreachable) that inadvertently got attached to my fall syllabus?  Thank you,James AdamsProfessor Nutrition and Food Sciences

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am taking a course and was asked to simplify by doubling my modules page as my home page. How can I add a colorful banner to that page to make it more inviting for my students?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I open speed grader, it does not give me the full set of options.I see this:Is there a setting I am missing to see this?View SpeedGrader  

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

My school is in the process of switching from BlackBoard to Canvas. I am trying to set up my Canvas gradebook for the first time and am having a problem with the "Assignment Group" columns and Total column.Canvas seems to only show percentages and ca...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,Our academic program requires our students to complete 300 field experience hours prior to graduation. Additionally, the 300 hours need to be spent performing certain roles (i.e. 100 hours observation, 100 hours assistance, 100 hours leadership...

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

how do I create buttons on a home page for shortcut links 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can we get a modified version of Quizzes to be used for homework? I'd like to see an assignment that students can submit responses question by question instead of submitting the whole assignment at once.

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am very new to Canvas, we are not even live yet but our Secondary Math department reached out to me & asked me the following questions.Our Math department uses Google Classroom & they insert links to IXL & Delta Math for students to do work. 1. Wil...

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We want to use Standards Based Grading for World Language, but when importing rubrics, there is an error message if I don't change "Exceeds Expectations" to 5.

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I would like to test Harmonize this summer. It's in our list of apps but I have to have the key and shared secrets. Does my Canvas administrator help with that? Thanks

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone had any issues with syncing courses from Canvas to ExamSoft?  We have been doing this for 3 years with no problems and last did it on July 8th successfully.  Today, when we try, we get a blank screen.  We have validated on the ExamSoft sid...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the easiest way to create assignments which I can grade within canvas, and will transfer easily to my canvas gradebook?

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I need help with screen colors.   The Lexia 5 says its a red dot and I have a blue dot  Or it is a red cat and we have a blue cat  Using Chrome.  How do I get the color correct for my soon to be 1st grader?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can't find MathType in the equation editor although it's installed

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How dose a student enroll in a class?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to import/upload files from Google Drive. How do I do this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach young children, elementary school aged children, who do not always know the day of the week. If we end up having to conduct classes online this year because of COVID, it would be very helpful to be able to embed the date and day of the week i...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm exploring how checking 'complete one of the following assignments' in module requirements works. First, how is the gradebook managed?  Are the assignments given to 'everyone'?  What happens to the assignments not completed?  If the assignments ar...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies